How do I do a test join?
Doing a test join helps ascertain if referred sales are being attributed correctly.
To perform a test join it is essential to follow the same steps a customer you refer would. Here’s how we suggest you do it.
- Consider using an “incognito” / private browser instance
- This will keep the process separate from your normal work, and make the test more like a real customer
- Clear all GMB and CCB cookies.
- If already set, these will confuse the result of this test.
- Get the referrer cookie set in the same way a potential customer would
- Choose to sign up
- Identify what biller you are using for the test join – GMBill or CCBill
- Check the URL on the page for entering credit card details
- Before this page, most GMB Clients have an option for the customer to choose which biller is used; if not, ask the Client how to “force” a join by CCB or GMB (let them know it’s for testing purposes)
- Go through the entire join process, like a customer would
- Enter a username that includes your four-digit Aff ID – this helps find and refund your test join later
- Check the sale was logged correctly
- If joining by GMBill: Log into your GMB Affiliate account, and check if the sale shows up in the ‘Summary’ menu, (stats are updated hourly, so you may have to wait a bit, or time your join carefully).
- If joining by CCBill: Log into your CCBill Affiliate Dashboard, and look for the new sale
- Repeat the test for the other biller
- That is, if you made a test join by GMBill, do the test again via CCBill, to make sure sales are tracked in both billers
- We recommend starting this process from the start – why risk missing sales?
- Get refunded
- Once you have seen the results, contact the Merchant and ask them to refund your purchase(s) – advise that you’re an Affiliate performing a test join, quote the username(s) you chose, and the unique GMBill or CCBill subscription ID allocated to the account upon creation.
If the sale does not show in your GMB / CCB account, there’s a deeper problem somewhere – contact us, and we’ll help you solve it.
If the sale does show up, you’ll know everything is working as it should!